Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Taming an Immortal Chapter 10 teaser

So chapter 9 is out and I actually have 31 Microsoft Word pages for Chapter 10 ready. Problem is, I wrote them in chunks so it's the sewing of the parts together that's going to take some time. But let's see if I can finish it by this weekend. 

In the meantime, here is a slice of Chapter 10, to whet your appetite. When I got Seph to read it she was like 'what is that?? Is she having her period." 

God no. 

So I'll let you figure out what happened for yourselves! I am still torn between letting Etienne marry Zahara and bear a rightful heir or to come up with some plan to make him and Rose be together. Hmm, choices choices. 

***

“Finally, it is such a pleasure to meet you, Rose.” The Pureblood bowed somewhat awkwardly, bringing her hand to his lips. “I see now why my nephew is enchanted by you. If you were a Vampire, perhaps I would be tempted too.”

He trailed a sharp claw down her jaw, drawing blood before putting it to his lips. As her last thoughts filled his mind, Ealdwin’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Oh, but of course! I am not like my brother. I have no kindness, especially not for humans.” Ealdwin looked up almost contemplatively. “I always thought Etienne was more like me… but it seems, I stand corrected.”

Closing the gap between them, he whipped her around so quickly, Rose barely felt her feet lift the ground before her body was propped against his – her back to his chest; a sharp dagger at her throat.
“You know what to do Rose. Scream for him. Scream for your mate.”

Her mate?

“You are very much mistaken,” she seethed, feeling the slight prick of the dagger on her neck.  “Lord Etienne has already made his choice. He is marrying Zahara. I am staying here with the humans where I belong.”

“Oh… I promise you Rose,” he whispered back, nuzzling his nose at the crook of her neck. “I can scent Etienne so strongly on you, there is no denying it. Come on my lovely, scream for me.”

Breathing was already difficult for her due to his tight grip on her chest but to scream? Her own larynx would expand right into the tip of the blade, effectively rendering her mute.

“Scream!” Ealdwin shook her; one hand grabbing fistful of her hair and yanking it back. “Now human filth.”

Rose closed her eyes as the blade pressed closer to her throat. It was now or never.

But before her voice left her, Rose felt a sharp pain searing through her body; a fire eating her from within as her body started bleeding from the inside –

The wetness dripping between her legs; warm and sticky.


Etienne…

No comments:

Post a Comment