Friday, June 26, 2015

Wolf's Call to the Moon Ch 5 posted and a TAM update

Yes, for those who read my blog, I've posted a new chapter so you can expect it to be up in 72 hours! That should be Sunday night or Monday afternoon for some of you.

Honestly, writing that chapter drained me completely. AND you must forgive me for it because I edited it while having a hangover. Still, I managed to round up the final bits and boy is it exhausting!

Writing lores of the Werewolf origins or Vampires always tired me out because it takes a lot of research and also cunning twists to make sure it fits with the storyline. I've thrown in a couple of hints as to what could possibly be in the other tomb and so I'm eagerly waiting to hear about your guesses!

Right, so now, I'm off to try and write Chapter 10 for Taming an Immortal. I had scraped the entire chapter 10 that I had written because I felt it was moving too fast. *GASP* So yes, longer wait for the next chapter but I figured, you'd want to see a more 'Rose-perspective' of the pregnancy and maybe her getting back at Etienne rather than just to jump into the solution for Etienne getting back with her.

By the way, I used the word 'imprinting' in this chapter and if anyone dares to say 'omg twilight!', I might just kill that person. Someone said WCTM was like Vampire diaries or something and I'm like 0.o? I only knew Ian Somerhalder was hot but other than that, I didn't follow the series. It is honestly insulting how some people think ideas evolve in silos and that someone owns a character or idea.

So yes back to my imprinting. It's nothing of the Meyer's concept which a potential mate imprints on his future mate. The scientific definition is as below and that's the idea I'm using for the story :)

The best-known form of imprinting is filial imprinting, in which a young animal acquires several of its behavioral characteristics from its parent. It is most obvious in nidifugous birds, which imprint on their parents and then follow them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment