Sunday, May 17, 2015

Taming an Immortal Updates Chapter 7-10

I've finally finished Chapter 8 and am fleshing out Chapters 9 and 10. It's a mess because I inserted new scenes in between and rewrote some earlier ideas I had of the ending. Initially, the story was meant to end by chapter 9 but is it just me or do I feel the characters need a bit more time and space to develop?

Thus the rewrite. Chapter 9 is currently so epic, I feel like I'm in some LOTR scene or something.

Battle scenes are not my favourite which is why I don't understand WHY my brain always gravitates towards stories that have such conflict in them. TAM was supposed to be a purely romantic, angsty, I love you but you don't love me kinda story but now it has evolved into an entire universe of its own! Lol.

Anyway, I'm updating because I think Chapters 8-10 are going to need a bit of time to stew as I'm writing it so fast that when I re-read them again, I can see the gaps. And if I can see them, then as readers, you will surely feel a bit lost.

I'll post Chapter 7 sometime next week and then 8,9 and 10 in June. Chapter 7 is full of the hot stuff by the way, so do look out for that! Meanwhile, here is a short scene from Chapter 7 that made me go 'awwww'.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Rose had rolled down from her bed, curling up into a cocoon as she always did as a child. Nesting her against his chest, he kept still, drawing the blanket over both of them to keep her warm.

It was only when she started to stir awake did he move to look down at her.

“You fell off your bed,” he whispered, nuzzling his face in her hair. “I didn’t want to wake you up.”

“Are you comfortable my Lord?” she mumbled; eyes still closed with a sleepy drawl in her voice. “I have more blankets if you’re cold.”

He felt her body relaxing into sleep again.

“Rose?”

“Hmm?” One sleepy eye opened to look at him.

“When we are alone like this…” A warm hand stroking back her hair. “I want you to call me by my name.”

She nodded against his chest, a soft purr in her throat. “I love you Etienne…”


And then nothing, not even the booming thunder could wake her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment